Waterproofing a Roof28/07/2020
Waterproofing Roof 10 Year Guarantee
We have started using an absolutely fantastic waterproofing system and would like to tell you a little about it.
It is made by Specialised Coatings www.speccoats.co.za and has some very unique features.
- It is spray on, not torch-on. Spray on means that it can get into all those funny little nooks and crannies and completely seal them.
- It is suitable for both metal roofs and flat roofs.
- It is extremely flexible, that means it can stretch with hot and cold weather without cracking.
- It is Solar White which reflects the heat. We have documented proof that it changes the temperature by between 10 – 15 degrees, which saves you on air conditioning costs.
- 10 year guarantee. Because it is such a high quality product it must only be installed by approved applicators (we are approved) to ensure it is professionally applied. However once we have applied it professionally we issue a 10 year guarantee on the system, which gives you peace of mind.
- Designed to go directly over old torch-on roofs. Torch-on sealers age and become brittle over time, leading to leaking. This system s designed to go directly over old torch-on, saving on all the costs of having to strip off the torch-on and apply our product.
The process that is followed for a waterproofing a typical metal roof is quite is quite meticulous;
- The roof is carefully examined for loose rivets and screws and these are repaired.
- Next all sections with rust are hand ground with abrasive disks to ensure that all rust is removed.
- Then the roof is washed with a special chemical to clean the metal to ensure a permanent bond between the metal and the final coat.
- The entire roof is then sprayed with a rust catalyst which both stops the rust and acts as a primer for the final coats.
- Finally the actual product is sprayed on in 2 layers, with a 12 hour curing time in between. This results in a thick, flexible layer that lasts for years and seals everything completely watertight. And it is cheaper than torch –on!
If you would like a free site evaluation please just contact us and we will book and appointment with you.
Ps. We also do torch-on because there are certain applications where it is a better solution.
Should you have a problem with your floor we have a whole range of flooring solutions, check this link www.professionalflooringsolutions.co.za/commerciaaloptions/waterproofing