Read more below
Benefits of Polished Concrete
Professional Flooring Solutions is an accredited application for HTC Platinum Finish Polished Concrete Floors. https://www.htc-floorsystems.com/en/FloorSolutions/Superfloor Therefore this assures you of a natural, environmentally-friendly product and process, making it the natural answer to your green solutions.
Some of the benefits of polished concrete include:
Elimination of Dusting from Efflorescence.
In ordinary unpolished concrete, tiny particles of dust are pushed to the surface through an upward force called hydrostatic pressure, resulting in efflorescence. This means efflorescence leads to dusting, which forces epoxies off of the surface of concrete floors and can make maintenance a costly priority.
We densify and seal the surface, which transforms the concrete into a hard floor. This is dense enough to repel water, oil and other contaminants and that stops them from penetrating the surface.
Improved Reflectivity and Ambient Lighting
- The reflective properties of a polished floor increases the lighting in facilities. This reduces your lighting bill and keeps the floor looking great!
Increased Slip Resistance
- Polished concrete, though quite shiny, does not create a slippery floor. In fact, a this floor is classified as non-slip[.
- Most floor systems, including tile and linoleum, require aggressive scrubbing to keep clean. However polished concrete surfaces are tightly compacted, reducing stains and do not require any waxing or stripping to maintain the sheen.
- Our Platinum Finish floors will reduce energy and maintenance costs significantly through reflectivity and ambient lighting. Therefore this leads to a reduction in upkeep (such as waxing) and reduced tire wear. This not only utilizes existing concrete surfaces, but also uses additional materials such as coverings/coatings and moves to sustainable building. The floor normally also has no VOC’s.
Improved condition for old floors
- (Mechanical Polish Only) As concrete ages, surface stress, delamination, curled cold joints and other problems can arise. However mechanical grinding the floor will remove the top surface of the old concrete and polishing will then strengthen it, increasing its impact and abrasion resistance.
Reduced Tire Wear (Mechanical Polish)
- The rough, uneven texture of natural concrete causes tires to abrade, adding to their wear. This floor system will level the joints and make the entire surface smooth, preventing this abrasion.
No Production/Plant Shutdowns (Mechanical Polish)
- Polished concrete can be put into service immediately after the process is complete.
- Learn more about Polished Concrete here Polished Concrete